Wednesday 4 December 2013

E-mail Disaster

I was going to be doing a post about the latest campaign that I'm involved in, thanks to SumofUs but I had a very nasty shock when I tried to open my e-mail account so that I had all the information at my finger tips while I wrote.

The last time I opened my e-mail account I found that some one had hijacked it.  I had two alerts from friends who said that the last e-mail they received from me was not my normal content and they suspected that someone was playing silly buggers.  I also had a bomb load of 'Delivery Failure Notice's.  When I opened up the message that had failed to sent I didn't recognise it so I knew that someone had hijacked my account.

Since I had no idea what to do about it I simply signed out.  Having had a talk with a computer whizz friend, the other thing I was going to do today was change my password before starting on my blog.

Ha bloody ha!

I tried to sign in only to find that Hotmail had got wind of the hijacking and before I could deal with it myself (by changing the password) had locked my account out.  I now have to somehow verify that it is me trying to use my own e-mail account!

What is more the number that it had to send the verification code to was wrong and it wouldn't let me change it so I had to fill out a survey.  How many people could tell you the subject matter of the e-mails they sent yesterday?

Now I have to sit here and wait to see if I could remember enough to get my e-mail account back.  It could be as much as twenty four hours before I'll know and if I couldn't remember enough I'm looking at having to set up a new e-mail account.  Then I'm going to have all the fun and games of trying to remember all the people I'll need to contact to change my e-mail address.  That's assuming that I'll be able to open my current internet accounts with an invalid e-mail account so that I can change my listed e-mail.

However, I'm not really anger with Hotmail.  After all, they are only trying to do their job.

No the one I am right royally pissed off at is the little oik who hijacked my e-mail account in the first place.  Where do these people of doubtful heritage get off?  A Hotmail account is FREE!  Absolutely tossing free!  You don't need to hijack somebody else's account to avoid paying or anything.  So why'd you go and hijack somebody's else account when setting up your own account takes less than five minutes?  Hijacking my account probably took you longer, you dumb ass.

Do these people get off on the knowledge that they have just screwed up somebody's day? Do they enjoy sniggering at the thought of all of us panicking as we watch our contact list go down the pan?  Is this what they find funny?

Well if it is then I feel sorry for them.  They obviously have such pathetic little lives that the only joy they can have is screwing up those that have a better life than them.  Pity is the only possible response to such putrid uselessness.  They really must be totally ignorant if they cannot come up with something more productive with which to fill their time.  Granted, aspiring to a Darwin Award would be a more productive occupation for these pathetic pieces of pond scum but there you are.

For those of you who don't know, a Darwin Award is only awarded to people who do the human race a favour by removing themselves from the gene pool. I think I have just had the unfortunate moment of coming into contact with the actions of another candidate for said award.  I wonder if they would like me to explain how to make sure they receive said award?  After all if all they can do to have fun is mess up someone else's life then they are probably too ignorant to understand what I mean when I say 'removing themselves from the gene pool.

Bitter, I know but I'm the one who's just lost control over my own e-mail account.

No comments:

Post a Comment