Thursday 7 May 2015

Working Break

O.K personally I've always thought that the idea of a working holiday is an oxymoron but I have begun to realise that it is possible.

The reason for this revelation is that in the weeks running up to and the week after Diceni I have in actual fact managed to do very little work on the fourth book of my series.  It was thanks once again to my Mother's on going illnesses and the fact that the quail we rescued before Christmas desperately need an aviary built now that the weather is warm enough.  They never explain to you when you go for cancer treatment just what they mean by 'damage'.  They say 'the treatment will damage your kidneys', you say 'can it be treated', they say 'yes' so you agree to the treatment.  What they don't explain is that what they mean by 'damage' is not a down turn in how well your kidneys do their job but that you are going to be stuck with reoccurring kidney infections for the rest of your life.

As for the aviary building, well it's very nearly done but I am definitely feeling withdrawal symptoms.  Keep a writer away from their writing long enough and they start developing this really witchy-twitchy case of the grouches.

So seeing as I have a friend who needs to visit Yorkshire for a week (bad side of the whole thing is she's going to arrange her moving back up there) I am going to be house sitting for a week.  Other than walking her little dog, eating, sleeping and occasionally talking with my boyfriend, I plan to do nothing but write and draw for the whole week.

I might take a break to visit my Great Ellingham Pretender friends, there again I might not.  I probably will, if nothing else they might be interested to have a look at the new book.

Either way, I am going to be off the radar for a week so don't expect any blog posts until Saturday week.  Hopefully I'll have huge progress to report. See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment