Saturday 19 December 2015

Making Progress

O.K. as the Christmas rush hurries up, as it always does, I've finally made some progress.  This has not been easy, as my lack of posts can reveal.  I've just been having a very hard time of it trying to come up with any time to work on my projects and the muse totally deserted when it comes to writing blog posts.  What I think a lot of casual bloggers don't understand is that for a writer or an artist blogging is one of the many ways we have to promote ourselves and our work.  However, this requires time, time which we can no longer spend on our work and therefore we have less to blog about and therefore it takes more time to come up with something to blog about.  It can be a source of serious creators block.  I, for one, very rarely suffer from tradition 'writers' block' any more, what I suffer from is the writers' block caused by not having enough time to work on my writing or indeed my art.  I'm beginning to understand why Leonardo De Vinci rarely managed to finish a project, sometimes you just have too many ideas and not enough time to work on them all.

However, I have managed to make some time to work on my artwork and 'The Sorcerer' is progressing well.  I will admit that the last couple of days I have concentrated more on the rock he is standing on instead of the village he is watching over because the village, being in the distance, is minuscule and I'm going to have to use my finest brush, the one normally reserved for painting the details of someones iris, to do the people.  That is not going to be easy and I felt in need of a break from the pressure.

I'm hoping to be able to do a blog post, or maybe a couple, detailing my work process in the future.  All I need to do is find the time to connect my camcorder, which also takes still shots, to my computer and work my way through all the programming details.  I will be the first to admit that I am not what you could call computer literate.  In fact, my abilities with computers can be summed up as 'you press this button and it is meant to do this'.  If the computer decides not to do 'this' I have to run for help.  That is one of the reasons I do not do on-line banking (the other reason being if everybody does on-line banking who is going to give jobs to all those people who currently sit behind the tills in the banks?).

Any way, speaking on the lack of time, I need to be going.  May all my loyal readers have a happy and health end to the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment