Wednesday 30 March 2016

The Infant Distraction Has Landed!

Hence why I haven't done a blog post in absolutely ages!

Our son was born on the 6th of February and life has never been the same since.  To start with the birth wound up being an emergency C-Section any way because he decided to go cross wise in the womb as well as taking fifteen hours to even think about making an appearance.  Then to cap it all he didn't take to breast feeding and wound up in the Neo-natal ward twice because his blood sugar was crashing out.  I will say that the staff on the ward where I was staying were fantastic to both of us except for one point - they were very resistant to the idea of me expressing the milk into a bottle and feeding him that way.  If they had given ground on that point sooner then he wouldn't have had that second trip to Neo-natal.  However, we did get it sorted eventually and we came home, five days after he was born.

I am now getting used to life being a near constant round of express, feed, change nappy and help him shift wind.  I will say that it is more than rewarded with cuddles, smiles and now, gurglings.  I know people said enjoy it while it lasts but it is not lasting!  He has gone from eat and sleep to trying to talk, trying to crawl and even trying to stand (!!!!!) in less than eight weeks.  I swear some days that I can see him growing!

As such work has gone on hold and I have for the first time in seven and a half weeks managed to get on the computer to check out my e-mail accounts.  491!!!!  I may be some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment