Saturday 10 March 2012

Successes

Having just received some very good news, it puts my in mind that many writers complain about the rejection letters, so I thought I'd have a review of my past submissions.

So far I have submitted forty five pieces of my work.  Of them I have only had five successes.  Of the other forty I have only received two rejection letters, both within the last two months.  That means thirty eight submissions without a please, a thank you or a whistle down an exhaust pipe.

Therefore, I say to the people receiving rejection letters - please spare a thought for those of us who are wallowing in the realm of ignore-dom.  If you have been flinging your work into the ether for so long without a reply, that you are on the verge of giving up all together, a rejection letter is a good thing.  It means that you are moving away from the place were the adjudicator/agent/publisher takes one look at your work and throws it out without a word.

If you take this point of view, a rejection letter is only one step away from being successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment