Tuesday 8 September 2015

An Infant Distraction

Am struggling to keep up with all the jobs recently, because I literally have an infant distraction in the making.  Quite literally.

Now that it's been confirmed that I'm four months along and everything is acting normally, I guess it is time to share the news - I have a mini minion on the way.

I'm going to be a mother.

Having gone from wondering if I was ever going to be brave enough to allow myself another boyfriend EVER to this stage in eighteen months is something that is I never thought would happen.

Now, having reached this stage I'm now wondering how the heck I'm meant to balance career with social life (not that I have much left, where is that blasted time turner!?!) and a little sproggling.

 I suppose it depends on how much the little one is like me and my soon to be husband.  Both of us started sleeping through the night at an early age and were quite content to amuse ourselves.  Of course that was part of the symptoms of being autistic so it will be interesting to see just autistic the next generation will be.  There again, I share a house with an invalid Mother, a to-be-husband, three mad-cap cats and two barmy-apeth dogs.  With all of that I suppose that I've had a lot of practise at making my life work, just, so adding an autistic baby to the mix... could be absolute chaos in the making.

Oh fun and games here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment