Friday 6 November 2015

Newly Hitched

I don't normally share what I consider to be private stuff on my blog but this has been a big change and will probably lead to many disruptions in my work scheduled.  In fact, one of them is already on its way in the form of the infant distraction due in February next year.  I am now officially a Missus.

That's right, married on Monday to my new husband and I'm still getting used to wearing a ring all the time.  Thankfully I've worn gardening gloves when I'm working on the ground for a long time so I don't have to worry about it losing stones in the garden.

I am in the process of changing my name to match my husband but I will be keeping my maiden name on my products to avoid confusion at the publishers.  That must be the easiest way of gaining a pseudonym ever.

Granted, there are still days when the autistic me sits up and goes 'You did WHAT?'  And then has a panic attack over the fact that it was only a year ago that my husband and I were making it official that we were boyfriend and girlfriend.  I am trying my best to keep it calm and point out that he was courting me for eleven months prior to us making it official.  He has also been willing to take on the fact that I still do a lot of the caring for my mother, who is still coping with the fall out from her cancer treatment in 2013.  When they tell you that 'the treatment is going to damage your kidneys but we can fix that' you assume that they mean an operation, maybe two, to sort things out and then you are back to normal, rather like the gall bladder op that finally put pay to her liver problems back 2006.  You don't realise that they mean that you will have to have an operation every four months for the rest of your life to put stents in, the operation for which will damage your bladder and your throat because the tubes they put in you force the values to turn the wrong way.  Some days you have to wonder why you had the treatment done, or sat by and watched it be done.

Anyway, on to more cheerful stuff.  The day itself, although cloudy, was dry and we had a brilliant ceremony at the registry office.  There was nearly a last minute hitch when the best man was late but it all turned out fine and the ceremony itself went smoothly.  My sister catch the flowers, which I had folded myself out of paper (origami flowers for special occasions are an idea that I'm trying out).  That in itself was pretty appropriate as my sister should, all things going according to plan, in November next year so she'll be the next one in the family to marry.

We then had a lovely dinner at the Village Inn at Little Melton before coming home and chilling out for the rest of the day, followed by several days off, hence why I haven't done much work this week.  Official honeymoon is going to be over the first weekend in December, during which we are hoping to go away for a couple of days to have a total break from routine.  I know that sounds weird for a pair of Autistics but if you give us enough notice then Autistics can actually enjoy having breaks from routine and trying new things.  I've learnt to go 'right, I'm on holiday so no long term plans, we'll do today what gets done and then see about tomorrow.'  That way I'm not disappointed to the point of having an autistic moment if things don't go according to plan because it helps my head keep a more flexible attitude, at least more so than the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment