Tuesday 30 December 2014

It's the New Year

All ready.

As of midnight tomorrow my post log will return to zero and I will have to start work all over again to make sure that I have posted fifty two posts by the end of the year.  Sounds like I have no problems doing that.  Ha ha, think again.  One there is the time factor, or rather the lack of time factor.  You try scrapping together enough time together to work on a blog every week when you are trying to run three... four... five lives all at once.

Two, you then have to think of something to write about.  It has to be interesting because nobody is going to want to read a post about you munching breakfast in the morning.  Well, maybe they would be if you eat raw worms for breakfast but I don't eat raw worms for breakfast.  Personally, worms belong in the garden, not in my mouth.

I will admit that I kind of cheated this year as I did nearly eight posts in May in one go, which meant that I bought myself a little leeway where it came to the post counter but seeing as half of them didn't get any post views I'm not sure that really counts.

Three, you then have to come up with a catchy title so that people will at least look at the first sentence of your post.

If you can do all that then you may have the start of a popular blog... or not.  It all depends on whether the audience likes what you write about.  Fame is a difficult thing to catch and sometimes you think you have it and then it flies away again... like the popularity of the silent movies.

In which case I think I will settle for blogging about what I'm working on, or gets my goat, or makes me laugh.  If other people like it, great.  If not, well, I'll have to keep posting until some decides they do like me.

Oh, that makes me think.  All this stuff about New Year Resolutions?  It's a load of bunkum.

You make a New Years Resolution, break it by habit or because you just weren't paying attention that day and then you feel massively guilty and then you pretend you never made it and go back to you old ways. (Hey, is that why the Conservative Party is deleting all their mandate for the last election off the Internet?  Was it one massive New Years Resolution?)

It is far better to make life resolutions.  Things like I will try and be more organised this year.  Or I will try and do more work when I first get a job so I'm not pushing the deadlines.

That way you have the whole year to work on it and it doesn't matter if you fall over in the first few weeks, you have the rest of the year to pick yourself up again.

Hope that gives you a few ideas and that you have a healthy and safe New Year.

See you all in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment