Saturday 14 February 2015

Download Nightmare

Alright, for all you lovely people out there that are beginning to follow my blog, be that through facebook, twitter or you just stumbled over me when you were browsing there internet.

First off a huge thank you for thinking that I'm entertaining enough to follow.

Secondly, my newest update on how the preparation for finally, after nearly sixteen years of work, publishing my book is coming along.

About a week ago I emailed off all the details of what I wanted, including the cover artwork I designed and painted last year, to Ian Liddle.  He is a professional book designer and you can find him on facebook at:

www.facebook.com/Ian.R.Liddle?fref=ts

I highly recommend him as he could not have been more helpful and accommodating to my ideas and listening to my design brief.  He also came up with his own slant on what I wanted which has added whole volumes to the front cover design.  I am hugely indebted to him for his hard work and the speed with which he has replied to many of  my questions and requests.

As such I should be able to upload the files to DriveThruFiction in the next few days and order the proof copy.  Oh yes!  After all the years of hard work I'm finally this close to the completed work!

However, it has not all been plain sailing even at this late stage, which just proves that you should never take anything for granted, especially when you are dealing with the Internet.

Downloading the PDFs of the front cover was time consuming, stressful and at one point drove me to tears as it not only failed so many times I lost count, it also tried to scramble code the AVG anti virus on my laptop.

In the end my boyfriend had to download them on to his computer and then transfer them to a memory stick for me and even then that didn't go smoothly as it took six attempts to do one and the other we both lost count on.  Not exactly how I wanted the end of the day to go.

"It never goes smooth!  Why doesn't it ever go smooth?"

Still, it is down so I am that one step closer, so I now think it is time to share a sneak peek at what the front cover will look like.  Here's the artwork!


I will keep everybody posted as to when the publication date is set!

No comments:

Post a Comment