Friday 12 September 2014

To Book Covers and Beyond

O.K. I'm doing a late night to type this one up but since I don't think that I'm going to have much time to write one up over the weekend I thought I better get one in quick.

The design for my book cover is progressing.  I'm pretty sure that I have the right lay out and format now, as inspired by the front covers of the Artemis Fowl books (big thanks to Eion Colfer and his design team!) however, I am struggling to get the right back ground colour.  It is being a pig and using up a lot more paper than I want it to.  I'm beginning to wonder if I should start looking through the sheets of coloured paper I have laying around the house.  I don't want to use dark blue because that would just be a total rip off of the a fore mentioned Artemis Fowl books and nobody likes a thief but a light coloured back ground just wouldn't look right.  Believe me I've tried it and it definitely doesn't look right.  Would a dark royal purple go well?

Any way, the main question I want to posse you lovely people who read my blog is this - when my book is published what would you like me to do on my blog?  I can do world descriptions or I can do character profiles?  Either/or is good or would you like me to do both?

I'm hoping that I can get the cover wrapped up soon and not just so I can start selling but also so that I can move on to other projects as I started work with my editor today on the second book in the series.

Galloping Gargoyles!  I've just realised that I need to do a series logo for the spine!  Great, even more work.  Hopefully it will all pay off when I'm up on the best selling lists.  Still until then it is more pressure for me to carry.  And no sight of that Time Turner I asked for a couple of weeks back.  Can you grow time in a pot do you suppose?

People say that writing is a job for lazy people that is the get rich quick route.  Sorry to disappoint you but it isn't.  It takes an awful lot of work and there are no guarantees of riches at the end of it, especially with the tax man eyeing up half of your profit.  Why can't he go and bother Amazon for a while?  Or maybe Vodaphone.  That would probably pay off half the national debt in one go, if the politicians didn't grab it all before it could get to there.

Any way, if I'm to get any sleep at all tonight I need to wrap it up there.  Talk again soon and let me know what you want me to do once the book is on the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment