Tuesday 5 May 2015

Diceni 2015 Book Launch

Alright, as advertised Diceni at the Forum in Norwich (www.theforumnorwich.co.uk) was the stage I chose for the launch of my book 'The Return of a Nagus' and as a book launch I think it went very well.

Following a very early start for a Sunday and a rather rushed breakfast we headed out to catch the bus from Dereham to Norwich.  I have to admit I had misgivings walking through Norwich at nine o'clock in the morning... in the rain.  The place was just about dead and I half expected the moaning and shuffling to start up (probably comes from working on a zombie story in my spare five minutes).  Failing that I was wondering if any of the hard working public was going to turn up willing to part with their hard earned cash.

As it is I worried for nothing as the public did turn up from the moment the doors opened and they were still arriving during the packing up stage.

Nattered with loads of people, answered dozens of questions about my book, gave out every single business card I had on me and managed to sell six copies of my book!  Though that didn't quite cover the cost of the stand, once you take out the printing cost, it came darn close and more than anything else I was happy as, technically, I wasn't really in the 'genre' of the event so I was, if you like, the odd duck out.

When you take that into account, selling six copies is pretty impressive.  And if nothing else it has start the flood as in the days since I have sold another three to people who have asked how Diceni went.  From such small things mighty trees do grow.

So a massive THANK YOU to everyone who have bought my book.  I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your time with Vicereine Raquel, Andrew Farsight and Narkre Victor.  I am working on editing the second one as we speak and writing the fourth one as well (the third is sitting on a shelf waiting its turn with the editor).

Also I had the best complement ever at Diceni.  One of my fellow traders (Steph Morris) informed me that she witness one of the young gentlemen who purchased my book walking out of the Forum reading it as he went.


That, dear people, is the best compliment you can ever give a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment