Wednesday 27 May 2015

Last Minute Panic

Tomorrow I am going to the UK Games Expo with my boyfriend for the first time EVER and am understandably a little nervous as this will be the first time that I have a stand, pitch, stall, whatever you want to call it at such a big convention.  I've been to big conventions before now but this will be the first time that I'm a seller at such a thing so I'm not entirely sure how I will handle being in the public eye for three whole days (the Autistic part of me is beginning to get a little freaked out by the idea).

To clarify, the UK Games Expo actually starts on Friday but we are travelling to Birmingham and setting up tomorrow.

As such today is the day to go through all the lists and make sure all the jobs that need to be done before we leave at ten o'clock tomorrow morning.  My immediate reaction when I had finished drawing up the list of what needed to be done today was "HOW MUCH?"

In short I have a list of jobs to do as long as my arm and I started on them pretty much the moment I was up and dressed.  Once I had painted the names on to the packing cases we are taking so that they are less likely to be nicked I popped on to the Internet to deal with my e-mails etc. before we leave to find that I had sixty six emails in my inbox and only one of them was an advert, which is why I am still here, two hours after I started work without breakfast.  Stupid I know but unless someone can get a time turner to me asap then I am running really, really tight on time, especially as I have a committee meeting for the Norwich Writers' Circle this evening that I was only told about three days ago.  Not exactly what I need just before a big journey but the Circle needs its Membership Secretary so here I go.  It is also why I am working on the emails and everything this morning instead of this evening when I usually do it.

Still I am looking forward to the convention with the hopes of selling a load of my stuff there.  If you are in the Birmingham area come on round and have a look see, it is bound to be a blast with games for everybody and cos-play to boot.  There is nothing so funny as watching characters from Star Wars, Doctor Who and DC comics all having a very animated conversation about which army from the Manic range they prefer.

Check out my upcoming events page for the address.

No comments:

Post a Comment