Thursday 19 March 2015

Eureka! And a Huge Sigh of Relief

Eureka!

As you can probably guess I have finally had some good news on my book.  As of yesterday the cover files were finally validated and the pre-media process finished so that I'm back on track to publish on the 2nd of April.

I think my boyfriend is looking to invest in a set of ear plugs as I have been squeaking at random moments, when I'm not hugging him hard enough to make his spine pop.  The reason for that being that he was the one who tracked down the issue in the root data in the 'title setup'.  Why the rejection notice couldn't say the root data had an issue, instead of barking on about 'metadata' and confusing the lot of us, goodness only knows?  Computers, they are meant to make our lives easier but I swear they don't.  Someone really ought to invest in a gremlin detector and anti-spray.  Maybe then the random hiccups that cost everybody so much time and effort and money won't happen.

No I'm just waiting on the proof copies and after looking through them I'll be able to sit down and do the incredibly difficult job of waiting for the publication date.  Oh my goodness but that is going to be difficult.  I wonder if Stephen King ever feels like this, when he is waiting for his newest book to hit the shelves?

It is wonderful and scary and I'm riding a total high right now.  Why do people waste their money and health on drugs when you just need to publish a book?  Oh I can guess, they don't have the patience to work nearly sixteen years to get it to this stage.  Well, their loss.

This is awesome!

However, this just marks the beginning of the next step as I now need to do the advertising work.  That of course is starting with my posts on my website and posting links on Facebook and Twitter.  However, the bigger one than that is the book launch at Decini at The Forum in Norwich on the 3rd of May.  For those that come along to see not only my stall but also those of all the traders there on the day, please no flames, this is the first time I have ever done a book launch so all the mistakes are my own.  I promise to learn.

I will also have examples of my artwork for sale.  As a heads up my artwork is more fantasy as it gives my an outlet for that side of my imagination while I'm writing science fiction.  I may one day switch the two roles but that won't be for many years yet as there is at least for books in the Elchilda's Chronicles and maybe as many as eight, it depends on how long that set of characters continue to provide me with stories to write.

Title launching on Drivethrufiction on April the 2nd.  Check out the link on my sales page on that date.  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment