Wednesday 11 March 2015

Help! I'm Losing My Fingernails!

Well hello folks.  Apologises for not posting for a week but I had a rather busy weekend, what with going to a twenty four hour event for the first time in my life, I really didn't have the time, or the energy.

Now that I have managed to scrounge back some of my missing sleep I have been able to hop back on my computer and catch up with some of my work.

Almost immediately my fingernails started jumping off my hands and fleeing for their lives.  Having checked how the book files are progressing with the printers I received the news that both book covers have now been rejected.  The content files are fine, cover files are not.  Considering I had those book covers done by someone who makes their living at this stuff, I am not impressed.  I'm also beginning to wonder if the odd roiling sensation I have in my stomach right now is the start of an ulcer.

Having finally set a publication date for April the Second to have this thrown up is not a good thing.  Yeah you could say that I have over three weeks but believe me three weeks has a habit of running away like a frightened jack rabbit in this business, along with my fingernails.  To say that I am some what stressed would be fair.  To say that I'm fighting to control a growing sense of panic would be better.  Panic would definitely be better!  The autistic child in my head has just crawled into a corner and started screaming at the top of her voice, threatening to drag the rest of me down there with her.

My only hope is that my contact at the printers can get her Director of Printing/Digital to have a look over the files and tell me what is wrong so that I can get it sorted in less than two weeks time so I can be safe knowing that there is enough time to upload the files and get them approved for printing (I'm leaving a week for that process just in case because the first time round it took nearly three weeks for them to reject the hardback cover).  Here's hoping that this bump in the road doesn't become a land mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment