Sunday 29 March 2015

Q.E.D. = Proofed

Sorry, I had to sling that title out just to take the mick out of all the months the school spent beating me over the head over with quadratic equations, only for me to never use them ever again the moment the mathematics exams finished.

In actual fact, the proof copies for my books arrived yesterday so we are all good to go for publication on Thursday on 2nd of April.

This is amazing!

I actually have a proof copy of the hardback of my book in my house!  Big excited moment!

Alright, now calm down and start working on how I'm going to advertise my work.  Well I think I'm ticking most of the boxes on doing Internet advertising, so I guess my next step is to start looking around for writers' circles and book clubs to contact.  I also need to work on finding out about the local craft fairs more than two days before they are going to happen.

I know that the book launch at Deceni isn't until the 3rd of May but the more I've prepared the better.  I have to admit that this is the part of book publication that I have looked forward to the least.

I am going to have to stand in front of whole groups of strangers, sometimes for days at a time and keep the smile on my face and my voice level and the whole panic of being surrounded by people I don't know at bay.  This is where being an Autistic is a total pain, because other people cannot see the struggle I under go or hear the screaming in my head the threatens to blot out all rational thought.  It is times like these were I am so jealously of people who are in wheelchairs or who are missing limbs or who have big facial scars or something like that.

Because people can see their disabilities they make allowances for it, where as me, when my autism gets the better of me, they just think that I am so misbehaving freak.  Some days I wish I had bright blue skin or a third eye in the middle of my forehead, something physical to mark me apart as an autistic.  It would make my life so much easier.

Still it is only four days now until my books are published so I must not get myself down.

No comments:

Post a Comment